The purpose of this site is to help you become a more focused, logical and thoughtful individual. To do this, I plan on helping you think more like an engineer.
The engineer is taught to analyze a problem and develop a solution in the quickest amount of time. It is stressed over and over that the most efficient route must always be taken in order to maximize an effort’s value to society. The engineer is bound by ethical cannons to always hold paramount the best interest of society. It is with this thought that I have created this website. The information on this website is aimed at your personal development and should benefit you in every aspect of your life. If through my efforts I can help just one person become more thoughtful and logical in their lives, then I have achieved this goal.
Personal development should not be a struggle. Instead, this site is about exploring your thoughts and the power of your own mind. It is about learning to take control of your own life and mold the circumstances in which you live in to better suit yourself and society. This will mean something different to you than it does the next person reading this page, but the route to achieve this personal development for each of you is the same. If you are looking to make one small change at a time or wanting to make a major life shift, logical and precise thinking are the quickest steps to achieving the best possible result for yourself. It will not be easy. Personal development takes time, consistency and concentrated effort. It will take patience. But I promise you it will be worth the effort.
Where To Start?
As this site grows and content is added, it will become quite impossible for a first time visitor to process all the information that is available. Instead of helplessly clicking around the site, you should follow this checklist to begin your personal development journey. Make sure to bookmark this site and to subscribe to my RSS feed so you can have quick access to new personal development materials.
- Confidence – To be successful you must have confidence in the fact that you will succeed. You must know that you will succeed. I suggest you begin reading What is Confidence, and then learning how to Develop Confidence.
- Setting Goals -Set Goals for yourself. Learning the type of goals to set and how to give yourself an appropriate timeline to complete them is essential. This is developing a blueprint for your life, and will help you stay motivated and focused throughout your personal development.
- Personal Development Blog – Visit my blog on personal development. This has a multitude of topics ranging from Time Management to College life.
- EGuideToLife Newsletter – Be sure to sign up for my personal development newsletter. This monthly newsletter will update on my new blog posts as well as give personal development advice not featured on this website.
- OneChange – This new personal development strategy focuses on the impact of small changes. OneChange is a cornerstone of EGuideToLife and has helped me significantly better my own life.
Thomas A. Reichert